- Size and weight – A lightweight, pocket-size construction makes an ideal one. It should not be too cumbersome to carry around especially when playing on field. Look for Golf GPS watches with a belt buckle or clips so that it can be attached to your golf bag or buggy.
- Waterproof – You don’t want a Golf GPS watch that will die if it is accidentally dunked into a bucket of water. The waterproof feature will also keep you covered on a rainy day.
- Durability – A strong and sturdy construction that can bear impact in case of accidental drops is what you need.
- Usability – A touch-screen display with easy drag-and-drop functions becomes very user-friendly and uncomplicated.
- Look – It is often believed that something functional need not be good looking. It is not the case with Golf GPS watches. They are available in fashionable colors and sleek designs, much like a regular time teller.
- Access to Golf Courses – Golf GPS watches come preloaded with Golf Course maps. There is also a provision for accessing and downloading more course maps online. However, for some it is free while a few require a yearly subscription for the same.
- Additional features – One of the most common add-on features on a Golf GPS watch is an odometer. It keeps track of the number of steps you have covered in a day.
- Battery Life – Limited battery life affects your ability to better your game. Settle for battery life of around 10 hours.
There are several models of Golf GPS watches online. Whichever brand and model you choose, make sure you do a thorough research on it.